Your Unity ID has 8 or fewer characters and is automatically generated from your name in a two-step procedure:
- A string of letters is created using the initials of your first and middle names and the first six letters of your last name, all in lower case.
- If this string matches one previously created for someone else, the last letter will be replaced with or followed by a numeral. Here are some examples:
- George William Abernathy's would be "gwaberna."
- Mary Jones Smith's Unity ID would be "mjsmith."
- Melissa Jane Smith's would be "mjsmith2" because of the duplicated letters.