Chapter 2 - Storage Structure (pg 29-30)
C:\My Storage Structure\AppName_AppVer_OS_LANG
- contains copy of original installation program
- documentation of project: request, process, notes, etc
- contains files captured by Repackager
- contains files edited/created by Installshield Editor
- Map C:\My Storage Structure\ and C:\Program Files\Macromedia\AdminStudio\8.5\ on virtual machine
- Add C:\Program Files\Macromedia\AdminStudio\8.5\Common to PATH of virtual machine (for repackager to work)
- C:\AdminStudio Shared\isrepackager.ini -> Default exlusions
Chapter 4 - Repackager (pg 58)
- Run repackager over the network (from a share), not locally
- Repackage on a clean image
- Exit all applications before repackaging
- Best to use Installation monitoring process
(Snapshot) Single Step vs Multiple Step
- Single Step launches setup program after pre-check, Multiple step closes after pre-check
- With multiple step, re-run repackager after installations are complete to continue snapshot process.
Chapter 5 - InstallShield Editor (pg 97)
- Tools -> Options
- General tab, check "Enforce Setup Best Practices"
- Directory tab, check "Cleanup unused directories"
- "Change/Remove" button in Add/Remove Programs means program is legacy installation (not an .msi)
- ProductVersion - MM.mm.bbbb (Major.minor.build)
- example, 1.00.0100