Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Place labels for text controls adjacent and left of the form control
- Place the labels for radio buttons and check box to the right of the form control
- Do not use structural elements like table cells to separate the label from the form control.
- Explicitly associate the label with the form control
- Set each form control with a unique id value
- Use the <Label for="form_control_id_value" > to explicitly associated the label with the form control.
- Avoid using images as labels for form controls, if they are used, be sure to use them within the <label> element and include the alt attribute
- Place a text prompt in the text entry and selection controls
- Use title attribute to increase functionality by giving additional supplemental information for the form control
- Organize form controls into related groups. Use <fieldset> element to group form controls and the <legend> element to label the group
- If needed use <tabindex> to establish the tab order of the entries
- Use CSS to control the visual appearance of the form
 Back to Main Page