Large Format Printing for Windows
Location and Access
ECE-POSTERS3 is located in room 3029 EB2 and is currently restricted to ECE Department faculty, staff, RAs and TAs. Located near ECE-POSTERS3 is a computer station that you may use to print to the printer. We encourage users to use this station when printing so that you can view your document as it prints and cancel it should there be any errors, saving paper and ink.
For issues not covered by this document, contact WolfTech Support. If you need technical assistance with the printer, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or if an emergency, call the Wolftech workroom at 515-0124.
Adding the Printer
ECE-POSTERS3 is available over the network via our domain print server. To add the copier/printer to your machine, please view the following pages:
- Domained machines: Windows 10
- Please inform WolfTech or the main office when supplies for ECE-POSTERS3 are low.
- A roll of paper on ECE-POSTERS3 is 36 in. wide. This means that at least one of the dimensions of your poster must be 36 in. or less.
- Create your poster in the size that you intend to print it. PowerPoint allows you to set a page size under File -> Page Setup and any image program allows you to set the size of the picture/document you are creating before you start on it.
- Posters can be printed in Portrait or Landscape.
- Additional supplies are provided in the cabinet in 3029 EB2. Please notify WolfTech or the ECE Main Office if supplies are low.
- We strongly encourage you to use a white background for your poster. If you absolutely must have a colored background, use a single color that is not heavy or dark. Nearly all programs allow you to reduce the intensity or percentage of a color before you use it. Do NOT use patterns or your poster will print very slowly.
- Use short filenames for your files. The poster printers can sometimes have issues with files that have long filenames.