University Personal Space
- Please visit http://itd.ncsu.edu for official documentation.
As a Unity account holder, you have 300 MB of personal file storage space (disk quota), divided into three categories:
Storage for the IMAP email contained in all the folders of your campus email account. We recommend placing all extra quota here.
AFS is a distributed network file system that enables files physically stored on many different AFS servers to be accessed as if they were in a single directory (or virtual drive) on a local computer. This allows users from any AFS computer at any remote site (such as a computer lab) to access files in a unified and easily identifiable way. We do not suggest allocating more than the default of 50MB to this type of storage. The College of Engineering will provide additional storage space on its AFS servers as needed.
When you use a Windows machine in a Unity lab, this space holds your profile data as well as any files you save onto the machine's desktop or M: drive. We do not suggest allocating more than the default of 50MB to this type of storage. The College of Engineering will provide additional storage space on its AFS servers as needed.
- Go to https://sysnews.ncsu.edu/tools-bin/usmdb-quota. You will need to log in with your Unity ID and password. On this page is a table showing your current space usage for each of the above categories (AFS, Email, Novell).
- For each of these categories you will see a text box in the right hand column ("New Quota") containing a number that indicates your current usage in that category.
- To change your usage limit for a category, double click on the number and type in a new one.
- The total of the numbers in the three boxes will be calculated automatically and will appear in the "New Total Quota" box. #Make sure that your new total does not exceed 300 (unless you're paying for more).
- When you have made all the changes you want, click on the "Submit Change Request" button at the bottom of the table. If you have difficulty allocating your space, contact the NC State Help Desk.
If you've re-allocated your 300 MB of file storage space as described above and still don't have enough, then you may want to purchase additional space. Go to https://sysnews.ncsu.edu/tools-bin/usmdb-purchase and fill out the online form. You will need to log in with your Unity ID and password. Space is available in 100 MB increments at a yearly rate for all students, faculty and staff who have accounts.
Engineering Personal Space
web + private explain from EOS pages
|Tired of moving files between computers? Worried about losing data to equiptment failure? |
We've got network file space to spare. Request additional AFS space.