Active Directory/Documentation/Extend Schema R2
The Active Directory schema must be extended to use the following components of Windows 2003 Server R2. Extending the schema to support these features does not require upgrading the domain controllers to R2. However, Identity Management for UNIX must be ran on an R2 domain controller.
- Distributed File System (DFS) Replication Service
- Print Management Console
- Identity Management for UNIX
To apply Windows Server 2003 R2 schema extensions to the Active Directory schema
- Insert the second Windows Server 2003 R2 installation disc in the CD drive of the domain controller that holds the schema master operations role (also known as flexible single master operations (FSMO)).
- For help determining the schema master, see http://www.petri.co.il/determining_fsmo_role_holders.htm.
- Log on to the computer as a member of the Schema Admins group.
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Command Prompt.
- At the command prompt, type the following commands, substituting the drive letter of the CD drive for <drive>:
<drive>: cd \cmpnents\R2\adprep adprep /forestprep