Active Directory/Documentation/Join a Computer
To move your computer (with SP2 installed) into the Wolftech domain, the ten first steps you need to take are as follows:
- First you must connect your computer to the domain. To do so, right click on My Computer and select Properties.
- Click the Change button by "To rename this computer or join a domain, click Change."
- In the following pop-up window make sure your Computer name matches what you have selected for the name in your OU.
- Under the Member of section at the bottom of the window select the Domain radio button and then type: wolftech.ad.ncsu.edu
- You will need to restart your computer.
- After reboot, you computer may not have been added to the domain the first time. If not, reboot again. Once you reboot, press Ctrl-Alt-Dlt to log on to the machine.
- Type in your username and password as given to you by Wolftech Support.
- To syncronize your password with your Unity password, go to http://www.ncsu.edu/password and reset your Unity password. This is a one-time only step.
- Log off and log back on using your unity password.
- Safe computing!
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have SP2 installed when the computer is joined to the domain, you WILL have problems. Should this occur, please remove the machine from the domain, patch it, then rejoin the domain. Simply patching the machine after the fact will not resolve the problems.