Active Directory/Documentation/WolfPrint Accounted Printing
OIT has made it possible to print using the WolfPrint accounted printing system sans "NDPS/Pcounter or any other Novell/Client-32 dependent technologies." The steps below outline one way to configure and automate deployment of WolfPrint managed printers into a Windows based WolfTech AD managed computing lab via Group Policy, Startup, and Logon scripts.
- Setup the Computing Environment:
oit.ncsu.eduto DNS Suffix Search List via Group Policy (Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Network/DNS Client -> DNS Suffix Search List)
- Set the WINS server addresses to the OIT WINS servers (22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199) via Startup script (see
'TEX-Enable WolfPrint Accounted Printing'and set_wins_servers.vbs)
- Disable the 'Point and Print Restriction' policy (User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Control Panel/Printers -> Point and Print Restrictions) (see
'TEX-Enable WolfPrint Accounted Printing'). This allows unity users to add printers hosted on print servers outside of the WolfTech domain (e.g.
- Add the WolfPrint Printer Connection (via Logon Script) (see policy
- Add the printer connection (do not use FQDN to the wolfprint server) (see add_printer_connection.vbs)
- (Optional) Set the default printer (see assign_default_printer.vbs)
Note: The policies referenced above utilize both Startup and Logon VB Scripts to accomplish their tasks. You can download the scripts here: WolfPrint Utility Scripts