The phpAD Project is a PHP library and supporting code designed to simplify Active Directory scripting and automation using PHP and LDAP. phpAD provides simple functions for many common tasks such as creating, deleting, modifying and searching for Active Directory objects.
Why Use PHP?
- Multi-platform support allows organizations to make use of existing Unix/Linux resources.
- Suitable for both scripts and web interfaces.
- Scripts can be ran as cronjobs (instead of using the Windows Task Scheduler).
- Low learning curve, with syntax based on C, Java and Perl.
- More flexible and widely used than Microsoft scripting languages.
- Simplifies database connectivity (especially with MySQL).
Please report bugs/suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.