Active Directory/Service Groups/WSUS/Usage Policy
- University-Owned Computers - All University-owned computers are automatically configured to use the Central WSUS to install updates. OU Administrators may edit the timing of when and how patches are applied, even point clients to another WSUS server, but all computers must talk to one.
- Personal Machines - All personal machines used on the NC State University Network should be kept patched. These may be manually configured to use the WolfTech WSUS Service. See Active_Directory/Documentation/Personal_Computers_on_WSUS.
- Home Machines - NCSU faculty and staff are encouraged to manually configure their home computers to use WolfTech WSUS. See Active_Directory/Documentation/Personal_Computers_on_WSUS.
WSUS supports the following client operating systems:
- Windows 2000 SP3 or later
- Windows XP, Vista
- Windows Server 2003, 2008
Earlier operating systems, such as Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows ME are not supported. These operating systems are no longer supported by Microsoft and should be upgraded immediately. Non-Windows operating systems are not supported.