User:Kjkiser2/Adding a Linux Printer
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Adding a Linux Printer
To add a printer under Linux without access to the root account:
- Open a terminal window
- Add under "User priviledge specification" the following line:
- ALL ALL= /etc/pam.d/printconf-gui, /usr/bin/printconf-gui
- You must launch the program from the commandline.
- The GUI still requires you to enter the root password to use the Printer Configuration Tool.
- It may be possible to create a command called "printer" to enter the "sudo /usr/bin/printconf-gui" command.
- If needed, the command can also be giving the no password flag since it's available to all users.