User:Kjkiser2/Adding a Mac Printer
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- YOU WILL NEED TO GET THE IP ADRESS OF THE PRINTER YOU WANT TO SET UP FROM YOUR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
- Open your System Preferences
- Click on the Print & Fax icon
- Click the button labeled Set Up Printers...
- Click the Add button in the window that appears
- Select IP Printing from the drop down menu at the top of the window
- Select LPD/LPR from the drop down menu next to the words Printer Type
- Enter the IP Address for the printer in the field labeled Printer Address
- Leave the field labeled Queue Name blank
- Select the type of printer from the drop down menu labeled Printer Model
- From the window that appears select the specific model of the printer you will be connecting to (this is usually printed on the printer case.
- When you're done, the window should look something like this:
- Click the Add button
- The printer you just added is now your default printer.