When you first log into http://www.wolftech.ncsu.edu/rpt/ you'll see a dropdown menu (marker #1). "Please Choose An Area" -- in this dropdown, you'll be asked to choose the area you would like to work within.
Please note that you may only have one option to choose from. The page will refresh as soon as you change which area you'd like to view.
After you have selected an area, you should see links at the top of the page. Which links you see will depend upon your access privileges -- those with full access will see the following links:
- "Manage Candidates"
- "Manage Roles"
- "Manage Documents"
Below these links is a list of all the candidates associated with your area. The default page is the "Manage Candidates" page; should you need to return to this page later, clicking the "Manage Candidates" link (marker #3) will do so.
Adding a New Candidate
If you're looking at a rather empty page, then you have not yet added this year's candidates into the system. To do so, click on the "Add a new candidate" link (marker #??). This will bring you to a new page, which will allow you to enter some basic information about your candidate.
The first part of entering a new candidate is to identify them! We think we've made this as easy as possible. Should you know their UnityID, please just enter that into the first box (marker #8). Otherwise, you can enter their last name into the second box. This will cause the system to 'find' the person you're looking for -- the more information you put, the closer you'll get. Once you've found your candidate, click their name, and the "UnityID" box will be filled in for you.
Next, identify the candidate's CURRENT faculty rank (marker #??). The system is aware of the progression of ranks, and will act accordingly. The next two pieces of information are entirely optional, and will only be used should you use RPT Online for your departmental RPT processes.
- Presenter -- should your departmental RPT committee require that a candidate require a sponsor.
- Area Representative -- should your departmental RPT committee require that a member of the faculty's research area sponsor the candidate.
|NOTE: If your department is simply uploading files for your college to review, that's all you need to do with your candidate information. Please now refer to the instructions for uploading candidate documentation. The rest of this page details the management options for those departments who choose to use RPT Online for their departmental processes -- milestones of the selection + online voting.|
OK, you've decided to take advantage of RPT Online to help streamline your tenure selection. Here's a few things to know.
Should you click on the "Edit" button (marker #??) for one of your candidates, you will be taken to this screen. Here you can do four things:
- Correct candidate details -- rank, presenter, area representative.
- Register the Committees recommendation for this candidate.
- Move the candidate along the RPT process (see 'Milestones' below).
- Delete the candidate.
Should you choose to delete the candidate, all documents, all comments, associated with the candidate will be removed. This should not be confused with the candidate withdrawing, or the DVF voting against the candidate (see 'Voting' below). This removes all evidence that the candidate was ever up for consideration.
On this page, which is only accessible by the Department Head and the Departmental RPT Chair, you can also track DVF votes (marker #??). Additional information on voting is presented below.
The milestones (marker #4) listed next to each candidate denote their progress in RPT Online, and the departmental RPT process.
- Professor Selected (Dept) - This professor has been selected to take place in the RPT process at the department level.
- Open DVF Vote (Dept) - The DVF voting for this professor has been opened. Should voting be open, this link will also take voting faculty to their ballot page.
- Close DVF Vote (Dept) - The DVF voting for this professor has been closed.
- Advance to College Level - This professor's RPT information can now be viewed at the College level. Departments can still modify information regarding this user as well. Once the College RPT committee takes possesion of the candidate, all department control over that candidate is removed.
RPT committes can view details on each of the candidates by clicking on their name (marker #6). This will bring up a window (marker #7) with links to candidate documents and comments (these are seen ONLY by the committee, not the DVF).
Committee members are able to use this popup to add in comments for other RPT Committee members to read and discuss.