Difference between revisions of "User:Bpcarty"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 11:45, 16 December 2011
- Using RIS -FINISHED
- Links for directly accessing images/video from Security cameras
- AD settings to enable for bitlocker passwords to be stored in AD, http://www.wolftech.ncsu.edu/support/support/Image:Bitlocker_AD_settings.jpg
- Bitlocker tab in ADAC, http://www.wolftech.ncsu.edu/support/support/Image:ADAC_bitlocker_tab.jpg
- Install the following feature in Win7 to be able to view the Bitlocker tab, "Remote Server Administration Tools > Feature Administration Tools > BitLocker Password Recovery Viewer"
- Adding GWIM to pidgin
- 1) install the software from http://www.pidgin.im/download/
- 2) Open the software and either press Ctrl+A if it does not already ask to set up an account
- 3) Click "Add"
- 4) Select "Groupwise" from the protocol pull down
- 5) Put in your username as your login - for me this was "egpritch" with no extension
- 6) Put in your regular login password
- 7) click "remember password"
- 8) Clock the "Advanced" Tab at the top
- 9) For server address enter "gwim.ncsu.edu"
- 10) For server port leave "8300"
- 11) Click save
- Getting master bios passwords for laptops
- F#%@ing with Server Core
- dism /online /enable-feature /featurename: (alternative to ocsetup)
- oclist | more
- regedit works
- pnputil (for installing drivers)
- pnputil -i -a <path to INF file>
- driverquery (get list of installed drivers)
- Setting up IIS remote management
- Enable NetFx2-ServerCore and IIS-ManagementService
- Change the value for EnableRemoteManagement to 1 in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WebManagement\Server
- net start wmsvc (Manual service)
- Setting up FTP server
- Oh I've no f$#@ing clue
- Command line for MSI/MST installs
- msiexec /qb /i "msi filename"TRANSFORMS="mst filename"
- installs MSI with MST, shows progress bar and no interaction from user
- Cleaning up cached credentials for adding printers on personal machines
- Start -> Run -> rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr
- Opens applet to update or remove cached credentials
- Should be an entry for "eceprint" or "eceprint.ece.ncsu.edu" (or any future print servers we set). Can change password for entry, or remove entry.
- Probably need to also restart computer before attempting to add the printer again
- Setting up Sun/Linux machines -FINISHED
- Adding users to RHEL -FINISHED
- Windows Installer registry permissions - FINISHED
- Adding grub - from dnclark2
- Installing AFS for Mac OS X Tiger -FINISHED
- Adding printer to Windows machine -FINISHED / IN PLACE
- Adding Printer to RHEL -FINISHED / IN PLACE
- Adding printer to OS X -FINISHED / IN PLACE
- Common Shortcut Keys -FINISHED / IN PLACE
- Map Network Drives -FINISHED
- Nomad Registration -FINISHED / IN PLACE
- Finding your MAC address -FINISHED