Your AIM Account
Technology is great. With creations like AIM, you keep in touch with long lost friends who are hundreds of miles away. With AIM, you are able to chat with friends just like you were in the same room. Of course, what makes AIM even more spectacular, is the fact that you can now talk with people in the same room, just like they were hundreds of miles away.
This, of course, brings me to the point of this little discussion. As a member of the Wolftech Webteam, team communication is an essential skill to practice. However, it is often times difficult to get a face-to-face meeting with other webteam members. This is where AIM comes in.
If you do not already have an AIM account, please register for one. If you do, you are expected to be logged on at all times while at work. This way, if you need someone, or if anyone else needs to get in contact with you, you are availabe online. Another nice feature of using AIM, is that if for any reason you need to share a file with somebody, transfering it over AIM is sometimes much easier than by e-mail.
Your Wolftech Account
Usually, when you log on to a campus computer, all you need is your Unity ID and password. Well, the computers at the Wolftech Webteam are on their own Wolftech intranet. When you begin working for the Webteam, you will need to have a Wolftech Account created for you. When it is first created, you will have an unsecure password that you will need to change to your Unity password. Having this account allows you to access the computers on the Wolftech network.
Your PHPMyAdmin Account
1. In order to log-in to your PHPMyAdmin account, first direct your web browser to the following address: http://www.wolftech.ncsu.edu/phpmyadmin .
2. Input your user name and password into the appropriate fields and click the login button to continue.
3. Upon logging in, you will be greeted by PHPMyAdmin's welcome page. A column on the left side of the screen will contain a listing of the various databases to which you have been granted access.
4. Clicking the database names will provide you with a listing of the tables you have permission to edit.
Editing Table Entries
1. By clicking on the icon to the left of a table's name, you will be taken to “Browse Table” page. You can also get there by click on the table name and then clicking the “Browse” link at the top of the page.
2. From this point, you can edit a table entry by click on the “Edit” link which appears on the left edge of the table entry.
Your Unity/EOS Account
If you are working with the Wolftech Webteam, you should already have a Unity/EOS account. You will need this account if you are working in any of the other computer labs on campus. This simply gives you access to the Unity system.